Monday 15 April 2013

IYEMAJA



Iyemaja

by Otapo Olalekan Ibrahim  on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:32pm
 
Under the calm allure of the nightly breeze,
The tide rolls and tease,
Teasing the moon that hangs lazy on the extreme edge of the shore,
A silent silvery light lounging on the camp-seat of the shoreline.
The wind whispers a raspy tune, encoded with words replica of the sunset sonata,
As it bade twilight good rest.
The shrill cry of the night bird away from its nest,
accompanies the symphony of night by the waterside...
Life just started anew.
The mayan joint echoes its buzz, booze and smell,
While the night queens serenade the eager hearts,
An attempt to ace the pawns.
Sitting in my little corner by the raffia temple,
Magic berthed.
I saw a fair one,
Fair in form and height.
Eclipsed by the shadow of night.
She looked a mystery,
Like the gypsy with its charm.
She swayed like the Arabians,
Walking her way into the crowd and stolen staring hearts.
Her shadowy eyes welcomed wavy wishes from the enraptured,
Luring them on to its heavenly enclave.
My heart jumped to its feet and raced to ask for the first dance.
Was I blessed with the vision of a goddess?
Was I seeing true beauty from the toxic lens of my cup?
She granted me my wish,
And we had a long swish.
She danced like a true goddess,
Virgin in every step.
Her soles beat the sounds of promises that her hourly waist aptly kept.
I wanted more,
She had touched my core.
I wanted us to become beta.
But like Cinderella fearing the death of night,
She fled.
I followed.
Like water flailing from mystic falls,
she plunged into the dark crisp water and tailed away.
A silvery tail I saw,
To see no more.
I had just waltzed Iyemaja,
And she stole my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment