Saturday 1 June 2013

Adebimpe

Like sand on gaping fingers,
You fell through with your yawning laughter,
Eroded my walled walls and pried open a new chapter.
I pushed back,
But who can stop the rainbow from forming the arc?

Like sunset,
You threw light on my frowning face,
Gave my frigid heart a jumping race.
You caught me in your naughty net.

That first time,
My heart listened to your happy-go-lucky healing rhyme,
With the changing beat,
you gave my cheeks a warm heat.

There, I invited you in,
And I got a funny grin.
Though I wanted to look mean,
You did me in.
This cold quiet night in the month of May,
As I listen to the roof and it's pattering band,
I know I got lucky,
To get someone so funky.
Thus, Come what may,
Like the sea, rich in its salty sand,
You will always be my naughty Adebimpe.

Dedicated to Adebimpe Fashoro. A friend like a sister. you deserve more.

Otinspiration 2013©

No comments:

Post a Comment