Saturday 27 July 2013

(POETRY)»»»Lessons My Grandma Taught Me

I sat down between her thighs,
Looking up into the nightly face,
And listened raptly,
As she told me tales by the moonlight.
From her vast memoirs,
Under the spell of night.

I remember,
She would pop her mouth thrice,
While I watched with glee.
She taught me my first lessons.
She taught me perseverance,
She tutored me with the value of endurance,
And made sure I was vastly read.

She would say,
My son,
Pray...Life is not just about fun.
Live every moment on,
Like a switch only with a on.
And when the days are dark,
Do not balk.
Push on with great courage,
For light is only found from great forage.

Remember to smile when you hurt.
But don't keep your mind shut.
Because problems are half sheared,
When shared.
And always remember to be merry,
Cos there's the rainbow after the sky is fairly teary.

Life is not fair.
It serves you a half filled cup.
But, don't just sit on your rear
Cos the prize is at the top.
Be positive,
Stay active.
For every setback,
Make a definite comeback.
For with it, Noah made the sacred ark.

The lessons my grandma told me between her thighs,
Lessen the wince of life's hard raps.
Because I was born of a queen,
Raised like a prince,
Tutored in the lessons of lose or win,
That every side has got a wince.
Those lessons my grandma taught me,
Has made me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment