Tuesday 20 August 2013

Lindsay Lohan Admits to Drugs Addiction

After years of struggles, Lindsay Lohan has finally admitted that she's addicted to drugs and alcohol. The troubled star made the admission in a much-anticipated interview with Oprah Winfrey

 just four days after completing her sixth stint in rehab. When Oprah asked if the actress was an addict, Lindsay said yes, adding that her drug of choice was alcohol but that drinking “was a gateway to other things for me. I tried cocaine with alcohol.” The 27-year-old added she’d only tried the illegal drug 15 times. “I never felt good the next day. It allowed me to drink more,” she explained. “I think that's why I did. And it was a party thing – people would have it and I would do it.” “I snorted it,” she continued. “I've never injected anything, except getting B12 shots! But yeah, it went hand in hand with drinking.” Lindsay also said she had given up Adderall, the ADHD prescription drug she had taken for years. “That's a big deal,” she told Oprah, admitting she was addicted to the pills. “Because that's all I knew. I was convinced that it did ground me. But I don’t need it [now].” The last few years of Lindsay’s life have been a rollercoaster of arrests, court appearances and time spent behind bars. But she told Oprah her run-ins with the law didn't have an impact on her bad behaviour. “It didn't really hit me,” she said. “Because I'm an addict. You would think in that situation, someone would be like ‘I need to check myself’. It’s the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again.” This time, however, is different. She’s declared her court-ordered stint at the Cliffside Malibu to have been a success because, for the first time, she wanted to be there. “The other times it tended to be a punishment,” Lindsay explained. “I don't think I've ever fully surrendered to the fact that I just need to shut up and listen. In this case, I wasn't fighting at all. I just let go.” Since leaving the clinic, the star has vowed to stay “present and clear-headed and focused,” adding, “I feel whole again. I have such a desire to want to keep this feeling and stay this way and I'm willing to do whatever it takes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment